Saturday, October 18, 2014

Don't trust the scale, trust your jeans!



  Last night, I was going through my computer and came across a few of my "Everything 4:13" blog posts from early 2013. 
 I decided to stroll down memory lane and read every single post.  
As I read, I could not believe how much has changed since then.  
Fast forward 19 months and I am now 85 pounds lighter.  
One post that really hit home was from Day 11 (Read it here).  
It is a post about my youngest son finding my blue jeans on my bed and saying that they looked like a GIANT could wear them.  
Here is a picture of me wearing those jeans on 1/1/13.  
And here is a picture of me wearing those jeans now!
Yes, I can now easily fit into one leg of those jeans.  What an awesome feeling! 
They will remain hanging in my closet FOREVER as a constant reminder of how far I have come.
  
One thing that came to my attention as I re-read all of my blog posts is that my current weight is still 15 pounds heavier than the original goal weight I set when I started this blog.  
My doctor, my BMI, my clothing size, and my "self" tells me that I am currently at a good healthy "goal" weight ........NOT the scale.  
Trust your jeans.......not the scale! 
Now that my youngest son is almost 9 year sold, I have FINALLY lost all of my baby weight......plus some!  
I recently came to the realization that I have lost the same amount of pounds that my 11 year old son currently weighs. 
I used to walk around 24/7 with the weight of my "baby boy" that I can no longer carry because he is so heavy!
 It's no wonder I was always exhausted and getting injured while exercising. 
After rediscovering my old blog, I hope to revisit and repost periodically by reflecting on old post and how things have changed now that I have reached my weight loss goal. 

Faith, action, perseverance, patience, and time..........those are all things that helped me reach my weight loss goal BUT most importantly it was remembering to focus on..........
Everything 4:13!













No comments:

Post a Comment