Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 65


 One of my closest (& skinniest) friends shared some exciting news today............
She reached her "magic" number on the scale.
I must admit.......I had mixed emotions with her announcement.
Part of me was thrilled for her because I know how hard she has worked and how much she wanted to reach her goal.
Then......there's the other, selfish and jealous side of me, that wanted to say........REALLY?!?!  

If you're overweight, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.  
The weight she was before she reached her goal weight is about twenty pounds LESS than my goal weight, so it's hard for me to be sympathetic with a skinny person being excited about losing weight.

Once I put my selfish and jealous thoughts to the side and focused on my friend's success, I began to look at her weight loss from a different perspective.......her "skinny" perspective.
It doesn't matter how much you weigh or what size clothes you wear.........the goal is to be comfortable in your OWN skin.
There are many women out there that would love to be my weight just like I would love to be the weight of my friend.
Every woman has a "magic number" in their head of what they would like to weigh or what size they would like to wear.
The size or number doesn't matter........the important thing is being happy with who you are and who God made you to be.
Even though my friend has reached her goal weight, I know that she continue to support me as I reach my goal and celebrating (& shopping) with me when I get there.

So, the next time my friend says she's fat, has a big butt, or can't fit into her jeans........instead of saying "Really?!"as I roll my eyes.........I'll be sure to say..........."How can I help?" instead.

Remember..........Everything 4:13!





No comments:

Post a Comment