Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 76



Heaven got an amazing angel, Wendy Suarez.  
Wendy was taken from us too soon.  
She was in the best health of her life, was blessed with a wonderful husband and beautiful family.  She had big plans in her job as a school administrator.
It is times like this that you can't help but wonder........Why?!?
Why would God let something like this happen to such an amazing person?
It is easier said than done at times like this, but 
FAITH in God 
is what helps get us through.
 
My path has crossed with Wendy's several times in my five years in Bradenton.
I first met Wendy during my first year teaching in Manatee County
when she was subbing for the Assistant Principal at Tara Elementary.
Two years later, we met again when she worked as Assistant Principal at my current school, 
Gene Witt Elementary.
Last year I had the opportunity to shadow Wendy for several days while she worked as
 Assistant Principal at Jesse P. Miller Elementary.
Although Wendy was a mentor for me as a school administrator, 
she was MUCH more than that.
Wendy had a way of making everyone feel special.  
Her kind-heart, sincerity, and determination were among her best qualities. 
She was a wonderful example of an effective school administrator.
It was not only Wendy's work as a school administrator that inspired me.
Wendy's recent weight loss was an inspiration to me as well.
In the past few years, Wendy lost quite a bit of weight and became a devoted runner.  
She frequently posted pictures on Facebook that motivated and inspired me:  
She posted before & after pictures of her weight loss, pictures of her and her husband at the finish line of races, and pictures of her and her family.
Wendy didn't only look amazing......most importantly, she looked........Happy.
I must admit........my weight loss journey was put on a brief "break" this week of "Spring Break".
Wendy's passing, however, has inspired me to continue move forward and reach my goal.
Thinking about how healthy and happy she was motivates me to do the same.
I know Wendy is up there in heaven in her tennis shoes running the most beautiful courses we could ever imagine.....with a huge smile on her face.
I am going to make Wendy proud.
Now, my weight loss is not just about me and my health......
I want to do it to honor the memory of Wendy as well.
Please keep Wendy's family, friends, and co-workers in your prayers as they cope with her loss.
The faculty, students, and teachers of Jesse P. Miller Elementary will need lots of prayer and support as they face their first school day without Wendy tomorrow.
Mercy Me's, "Homesick" is a song that gives me comfort in remembering that Wendy is "Home" and 
we will one day meet again.
Remember.......Everything 4:13!





No comments:

Post a Comment