Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10

 2.6 pounds down........it definitely wasn't a "Biggest Loser weigh-in" number, but I'll take it.  I've done numerous diets where I've lost 5-7 pounds in one week, only to gain it back PLUS some.  Doctor's recommend 2 pound weekly weight loss for permanent results, so that is what I'm going to shoot for each week so I'm happy, happy, happy with my results!
 
 Speaking of happy, I FINALLY won the battle against the elusive birthday cake!  It is Weight Watcher's 50th Anniversary this year.  In honor of their birthday, they have released "Celebration Bars".  They had free samples at tonight's meeting and they taste JUST like birthday cake! (only 2 points, too)  The birthday cake that's been talking to me all week is now in the trash & if ever I have a sudden craving for more.......I will have the "Celebration Bars" to help me survive.
 "No food is bad food with Weight Watchers"......that was the opening statement at tonight's meeting.  It is so true.......the point's system allows you to have a little "splurge" every now and then to keep you from feeling deprived, which typically leads you to binge/fall off the wagon.  So.......after the meeting I decided to treat myself and my 7 year old to some frozen yogurt from "You Say When" for Spirit Night at school............it was only a 4 point splurge too!
2 Corinthians 12:9 was the focus verse of my devotion this morning.  So often, I let the negative thoughts of my weakness (AKA: weight) overshadow the positives in my life.  The devotion says, "There are a lot of people who would trade their best day for my worst day."  That is so true......I am blessed with a wonderful family, wonderful friends, a beautiful home, and an amazing job, etc.  (The list goes on and on!)  Instead of letting my "weakness" overpower my life, I need to remember to focus on God's Grace & all he has provided and has planned for me in the future............Everything 4:13!









No comments:

Post a Comment