Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3

Day 3......

Today was my youngest son's 7th birthday......so of course, what did that involve?  Food and fun, of course!  I woke up this morning with the mindset that I was not going to miss out on the celebration but also not lose control of my eating either. 

 In the past, I've always had the "My Diet Starts on Monday" mindset & once I fall off the wagon .....my eating always spirals out of control.  I'm trying to make a conscious effort to stop this habit and not let one little "mistake" jeopardize my progress.  I enjoyed the birthday celebration meals and even had cake tonight, but I also was sure to log EVERYTHING I ate, stay within my calorie allotment, and find time to exercise......even though it wasn't until 8:45 p.m. tonight. 
                                            
Today was a VERY busy day and it was SOOOO tempting to just take the day off from exercising BUT The scenario above went through my head this evening except instead of having time to watch TV, it was thinking of time to write today's blog entry.  I kept thinking to myself......if I can find the 30 minutes to write this stupid blog then I can find 30 minutes to exercise.  So.......while the rest of my family was watching a movie, I decided to exercise........1 problem......since it was dark I couldn't walk outside AND my treadmill is currently inaccessible in the spare bedroom thanks to piles of stuff (aka....junk)........HOW could I exercise?

 I'm not in good enough shape to start back on the Jillian Michael's DVD's......so I did a Leslie Sansone workout instead.  If you're not familiar with the Leslie Sansone workouts, they are great......especially if you're not a "hard-core" fitness person.  Most of the videos are 30 minutes and focus on basic walking.  The one I did today had walk/jog intervals.  I felt much better after finishing.....especially since I splurged a little on my breakfast AND lunch today. 



I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting (in a LONG time) tonight with a good friend.  It was nice to return and I'm excited about the changes in the new plan & I'm happy to have a buddy with me along the way.

I also had a small victory during my trip to the grocery store today.  My weakness is always the chocolate display in the checkout line.  The Mounds bars always seem to be calling my name & I usually cave and buy one.  Not today.......I saw them.......took a deep breath......and thought of Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."in my head.......Everything 4:13.........I can do this!

                                  





No comments:

Post a Comment