Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2


 I'm 2 days in and have managed to stick to my recommended daily calorie allotment.  I have also enjoyed another nice walk around the neighborhood thanks to my neighbor's harassment.......err I mean encouragement! (LOL---Love ya Kristen!)  I've started back drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day and have also managed to go 24 hours WITHOUT drinking a Coke Zero.  (That's HUGE for me!)  I'll be taking my weekly trip to the grocery store tomorrow and I already have my list ready to go with the ingredients for some yummy chicken recipes and a few green smoothies too.  I'm a HORRIBLE veggie eater, so hopefully the "green" smoothie will help me get in my veggies each day.



I wanted to share one of my favorite "breakfast" finds......VitaTops!  They come in various flavors, but my favorite is chocolate.....yum!  They are high in fiber and low in calories but best of all, they taste REALLY good and satisfy my sweet tooth.  Publix sometimes has them on BOGO. You can also sometimes find them at Wal-Mart.



I find most of my diet tips, recipes, and advice from my favorite website.........Pinterest.  I tried 2 pins the other day and I must say they were both Pinterest FAILS!





The first pin was a tip that adding "Cinnamon & Honey" to a hot cup of water would MELT the fat away.  I'm not sure if I did it right or not........but all I ended up with was a big glob of honey & cinnamon in the bottom of my mug of hot water.  Call me crazy, but if Cinnamon & Honey was the magic potion to weight loss.....I have a feeling we would have heard about it before now. 

The second pin was the "Detox Bath".......add 2 cups of Epsom Salt & 1 cup of baking soda to a warm bathtub.  The minerals are supposed to "release" all of the toxins in your body after soaking for a minimum of 20 minutes.  It was recommended to soak up to your neck.  Sounds great right?........well not for me!  Don't get me wrong, I used to enjoy a nice warm bath....back when I had a house with a huge garden tub!  The tub in our current home is smaller than the average tub so by the time I was able to get up to my neck underwater....my legs were out of the water!  It was anything but relaxing.  Plus I forgot to bring my i-pod into the bathroom with me to help pass the time, so 20 minutes felt like an ETERNITY (especially since I was cramped into the tub like a sardine!)........Let's just say my bathtub scene was a far cry from the Julia Robert's bath tub scene in Pretty Woman......
I lasted 5 minutes......maybe.  IF I ever get another garden tub I may try it again, but until that happens I guess my body will have to stay full of those horrible toxins. :)

Even if I have to do it without cinnamon/honey water and detox baths, I WILL reach my goal....... 2 days down, 363 to go!  Everything 4:13!






2 comments:

  1. love the blog so far!!!!!! :) look foward to much more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Carol!! So proud of you!! xo

    ReplyDelete