Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 29

I went by Weight Watcher's to weigh-in today and I am down exactly 8 pounds since January 1. Yahoo!  I am very pleased with that since it was the personal goal I set for myself each month AND January isn't even "technically" over yet.  In previous "crash" diets, I've sometimes lost more than 20 pounds in a month, but I need to tell myself that "fast" weight loss = short-term and "slow" weight-loss is "long-term".......at least that's how it's always worked for me.  Since 8 pounds is less than I've lost in a "typical" diet month, I tried to come up with a visual in my mind of what "8 pounds" looks like and the first thing that came to mind is  a "baby".  Both of my children weighed 8+ pounds as newborns.......so I guess you could say I lost my "baby" weight.....not literally........I still have about 20 more pounds until I'm to the weight I was before children (almost 10 years ago!), but for daily motivation I'm going to keep telling myself that I lost my "baby" weight and Remember............ Everything 4:13!

No comments:

Post a Comment