Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 19

Just call me Miss Piggy..........I've been around pigs so much this week, I'm beginning to feel & act like one.  I have enjoyed so much fair food, that I'm waiting to hear myself say "Oink".  But......the fair only comes around once a year, so I might as well enjoy myself........right?!?!?  I just need to remember not to say the same thing when the Strawberry Festival, Seafood Festival, Pumpkin Festival, and all of the other 1000's of festivals in Florida come around.  No more piggy food for me!
Since our time at the fair is finally over, it's time to quit making excuses and get back on track.......for good!  Packing a good, healthy lunch is a challenge for me.  I try to swap things up every now and then so I don't get bored from eating the same thing all the time.  I found the following recipe in a Weight Watcher's cookbook last week & tried it out a few days last week for lunch.  It is very tasty & only 5 WW points.  I tried it a few different ways.  I put it on a whole grain sandwich thin and pita chips.  But, my favorite was spreading it on half of a whole grain tortilla and rolling it up......yum yum.  Here's the recipe! 
Feta-Olive Spread

(5 WW points per serving--Makes 4 servings)
5 ounces low fat cream cheese (about 2/3 cups)
1/4 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese with basil & sundried tomatoes
4 tsp. chopped, pitted kalamata olives
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.  
Well, I'm down almost 3 pounds since January 1.  I've already made several excuses for "slip ups" since Day 1............birthdays, illnesses, and now.........the fair.  Now that all of that is out of the way AND I have my 3 strikes, I plan on getting on track and staying there!  Everything 4:13!







No comments:

Post a Comment