Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 27

I've been trying to keep my pantry, fridge, classroom, and bag for grad. school filled with "good" snack choices to prevent me from feeling the temptation to munch on something that I will regret later.  Here are a few of my favorite "new-found" snacks.
My friend, Amanda, introduced me to Smartpop! Kettle Corn.  One single serve bag is 3 points.  It is the perfect snack for when you are craving something sweet AND salty.  Yum!
I've mentioned my weakness for chocolate several times.  My favorite candy bar is a Mounds bar.  I can't remember where I found out about Chocolate Dipped Coconut Luna bars, but they have been a life-saver for my chocolate cravings.  They are high in calcium, protein, and fiber too.  1 bar is 5 points.  Since I'm usually in a rush in the mornings, it was a nice, quick snack for me to eat on the go.
I LOVE dipping apple slices in peanut butter.  I'm not a fan of the "natural" peanut butter either......I'm a fan of good ole' creamy Jif peanut butter.  The problem is one serving of Jif is 5 points, which kind of defeats the purpose of enjoying a "0 point" snack of apples.  I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip on Pinterest and gave it a try.  If you use "natural" peanut butter, one serving is 1 WW point.  My creamy Jif version is 2 points.  Here's the recipe:

Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip

1 cup greek plain or vanilla yogurt
4 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 tsp. honey

Mix ingredients together.  Store in refrigerator.
Makes 6 servings
I'm looking forward to joining the 12-Week Weight Watchers at Work Program tomorrow with many of my friends/co-workers.  It will be nice to support each other as we work towards the common goal of living a healthier life!  Remember........Everything 4:13!















No comments:

Post a Comment