Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 14

It's easy to get a lot done while you're home with a sick child.  I finished all the laundry, caught up on my school work, and watched lots of TV.  One problem though, I eat when I'm bored!  By dinnertime, I found that I had eaten all of my points.........on what?!?!?  I munched on "good choices" all day, but apparently they added up!  I ended up having to trade the yummy dinner I made for a 0 point bowl of fruit and had to walk on the treadmill for an hour in order to gain enough activity points to make up for all my munching.  Lesson learned.........no more boredom munchies tomorrow while I play nurse again. 
Today I spent a lot of time worrying about 2 things (well actually 3 if you count.....the flu outbreak in our house).......treadmills & pigs.  1.) My oldest son's pig making it into the fair.........it did!  Yay and 2.)  Burning enough calories on the treadmill to off set my boredom munchies. 
I made a healthy, yummy Chicken Parmesan casserole for dinner tonight.  Even though I ended up not getting to eat it (thanks to my WW point deficit), it got rave reviews from my husband and kids.  I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.  Here's a link to the printable version of the recipe.

Chicken Parmesan Casserole
8 WW+ Points

Ingredients:
2 lbs raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts-cubed
Italian seasoning/Garlic Salt
Jar of Marinara Sauce
2 cups Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
3.5 oz. garlic croutons, crushed

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2.  Spread the cubed pieces of chicken across the bottom of the baking dish in a single layer.  Sprinkle with italian seasoning & garlic salt.  Spread the marinara sauce evenly across the top.  On top of the sauce, sprinkle 1 c. mozzarella & half of the parmesan cheese evenly across the dish.  Sprinkle the crushed croutons across the top and follow with the remaining cheese.
3.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
With my house fighting the flu, my oldest son dealing with his pig/fair this week, plus all of my responsibilities at home, work, and school.......this is one of those weeks where you can either laugh or cry.  I prefer to laugh & find the funny side of things.  So, on a positive note............You can see the floor in my laundry room!  I found a dead lizard at the bottom of the pile since the pile of clothes has been there so long.......but all of the laundry is done for now!  Now, the job for tomorrow is putting it all up where it belongs so we can find the pool table and bed in the spare bedroom..........baby steps and Everything 4:13!


No comments:

Post a Comment