Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 32

I just finished doing what EVERY student despises doing on a Friday night..........homework!  It was torture sitting in the back of the house working on my computer while I could hear the rest of my family giggling and laughing over the movie they were watching together.  They BEGGED me to join them, but I HAD to get my homework done so I can get on with the rest of my weekend and actually enjoy it. 

Doing homework on a Friday night is kind of like being on a diet and visiting an "All You Can Eat" buffet.........uggh!   It's no fun doing what's expected of you, but it feels great once you are successful. 
Today's "Devotions for Dieters" was perfect since it was the start of a busy weekend that will be full of non-diet friendly food.  Click here to view or read it below.

1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
'I can't win,' the woman lamented. 'I give in and eat something, and then I feel guilty. When I feel guilty, I eat. The more I eat, the guiltier I feel, and the guiltier I feel, the more I eat!' Sometimes we feel like failures when we break our diets. We can be swept up in a sense of guilt that makes it nearly impossible for us to stick to our diet. The solution to guilt is forgiveness, and forgiveness comes to us through our advocate, Jesus Christ the righteous. Jesus knows that we sometimes give in, and He loves us just the same. Accept His love, accept His forgiveness, and let go of any guilt you may feel.
Today's thought: I am not condemned just because I sometimes slip! 
While I'm out & about with my family this weekend, I may have a slip-up (or two).  Slip-ups in the past have led to twenty/thirty extra pounds. I can no longer let one little "slip-up" throw me completely off course.  A little exercise, using my "weekly points allowance", and drinking ALL my water will help keep those slip-ups from turning into "mess-ups" but the most important thing to keep me on track is for me to remember.........Everything 4:13!


No comments:

Post a Comment