Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 38

 Keep calm and eat yogurt?!?  Apparently whoever wrote that has never been into one of those "Weigh by the ounce" frozen yogurt places with their kids.  It was "School Spirit Night" at the local "You Say When!" yogurt shop tonight so I decided to treat the boys to some frozen yogurt.  I did good as far as my diet is concerned.  I got a small serving of the fat free frozen yogurt with only a "few" sweet treats on top.  The problem that prevented me from "keeping calm" was the fact that I looked away for a few seconds to answer my phone while the boys were adding the toppings to their yogurt.  The next thing I know......their cups are OVERFLOWING!  We put it on the scale to pay............$ 16.00+ for FROZEN YOGURT!  Of course, they weren't able to eat 1/4 of it, so the guy in the shop was nice enough to give us some lids so they could take them home to eat tonight, tomorrow, and probably the day after that too.  On the bright side, the $16 worth of yogurt did earn us enough "store points" to take a home a free yogurt for my hubby.  Next time, I'll be sure to leave my phone in the truck and keep my eyes on the boys the ENTIRE time and I'll be sure I'm the one to say "when" before it's too late.

I made another yummy and easy dinner for the family tonight.  The recipe is below or you can click here for a link to the recipe. (although I made a few changes to the original recipe)

Cheesy Chicken Crockpot Spaghetti
    16 oz dry spaghetti, cooked (I used whole wheat spaghetti)

    1 lb. Velveeta Light cheese
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken (cooked & shredded)
    10 3/4 oz can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
10 3/4 oz can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
    10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-Tel)
4 oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained 

1/2 c water1 small onion, diced 

1 medium green pepper, diced
    salt & pepper, to taste
Directions:
 
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir well. 
Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours. 
Stir again just before serving.


Number of Servings: 12
 
WW Points+ Value:  7 points
My home scale says I'm down 10 pounds now!  As the quote above says, I'm beginning to see a few changes in my body.....especially in two spots........First, in my "twins" up top (always happens when I lose weight......no surprise) BUT the other spot is weird........my feet?!?!?  Yes, my feet did get larger when I was pregnant and they did eventually go back to "normal" when I lost weight a few years ago.  But now for some weird reason, my current shoes are too big!?!?  Weird huh?  I just need to remember......that as long as my body is changing for the better, it's a good thing---regardless of where it's changing........Everything 4:13!

     








No comments:

Post a Comment